2013 ARCA Foxburg NATUREFEST took place in Foxburg on Saturday & Sunday, May 4 – 5 with two full days of events in Foxburg and at RiverStone Farm – including a 5K walk, riding tour, dinner, lecture, owl prowl.
Saturday, May 4
Nature Festival events included a series of birdwalks along the Allegheny River Bike Trail as well as on RiverStone Farm. In the afternoon, RiverStone Farm offered nature-related photographic opportunities. In the evening participants attended a dinner at Lincoln Hall with a folk singer, dinner and a presentation by a nationally known expert on the Golden Eagle. After the dinner program, more than 74 people went up to RiverStone Farm for an evening Owl Prowl on hay wagons.
SATURDAY, MAY 4 – EVENTS SCHEDULE
Nature Field-trips with Audubon guides started in Foxburg, traveling along the Allegheny river and up at the RiverStone Estate. Shuttles left Foxburg every hour starting at 7:00 A.M. Activities included:
- Noon . . . Tales of a Trail Camera – a look into the intimate lives of our furry forest friends at Lincoln Hall. Free admission.
- 1:00 P.M. . . . Butterfly Release on the deck of Foxburg Inn.
- 2:00 P.M. . . . Nature photo-hike held at RiverStone Estate. Held in conjunction with a photo contest sponsored by Foxburg Inn. To enter, upload photos to the Foxburg Inn Facebook web site.
- 5:30 P.M. . . . Golden Eagle lecture/dinner. A presentation by Golden Eagle expert Trish Miller will coincide with a catered meal by the Allegheny Grille. Call Foxburg Inn for reservations: 724-659-3116.
- 8:30 P.M. . . . Owl Prowl via hay wagons at the RiverStone Estate – $5 admission.
VENDORS & EXHIBITS
- Leicher Family Farms – A variety of honey products and organics will be discussed as well as sold.
- Trout Unlimited – A vast array of trout fishing artifacts and material will be exhibited.
- Amphibian Ark – A collection of unique amphibious creatures will be on display.
- Herb Shed – A variety of herbs for your spring garden. Teas and herbal medicine make this a one stop shop.
- The Red Brick Art Gallery – Many samples of beautiful and natural artwork by local artists will be on exhibit and for sale.
- Local greenhouses – Spring plants ready for Sunday, May 5th, 2013 planting will be available for purchase.
- Quiet Creek Farms – Unique natural items are for sale and the science of mushrooms will be presented as well as sustainability topics.
Sunday, May 5, 2013 9:00 – 1:00 p.m.
May 5 – Foxburg Naturefest 5K Fun Run/Walk
This cross country 5K run took place entirely on the 1200 acre Riverstone Estate in Foxburg, PA, situated at the mouth of the Clarion River as it joins the Allegheny River. There are miles of well maintained trails on this property.
Contact: Mike Vereb or S. Mark Courtney 724-659-3116 or 724-866-1374
Day of Race Registration: 9:00 am Race Start: 10:00 am
Net proceeds from this event benefited Skye’s Spirit Wildlife Rehabilitation Center.
This is the third of a six part Foxburg Run/Walk series.
PA Great Outdoors Visitors Bureau – A Clarion County Hotel Tax Project
- Farmers National Bank
- Central Electric Cooperative
- Clarion County Hospital
- ACV Medical Center
- Beel’s Insurance
- C & A Trees
- J & J Feeds and Needs
- Allegheny Clarion Valley Development Corporation
- The Foxburg Team